Archive for the 'Pictures' Category
Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow, said all of the school children in New Bern Nc Today!!
At 8 am this morning the snow started to come down. I turned on the t.v to find out that Craven County in which New Bern and Havelock are apart of, decided to cancel school today. At first I thought that they were crazy but at about 10am began to see why they did so.
At 3pm the clouds opened up further and we really say the snow on the ground. Pictures to follow later.
Snow falls in New Bern Nc
I have lived in New Bern for almost 14 years and I always get asked the question of why did I decide to live in New Bern?
My Response is this,
1. I have never felt threatened or scared to go anywhere in New Bern, whether driving or walking, day or night.
2. I am not faced with 2 hours of traffic coming or going from work.
3. New Bern offers a wide variety of water sports since it is sitting at the mouth of two rivers, The Trent River and The Neuse River.
4. It is close to the Atlantic Ocean. You can get to the beaches in 40 to 45 minutes from New Bern. Here are the directions from Google maps.
5. The Southern Charm of this town speaks for itself. On every street corner you will see a smiling face looking back at you. A wave and a smile goes along way to make you feel at home when you are hundreds of miles away from your real home.
Look at this magnificent club house in Taberna.
It features a restaurant, bar, golf shop and more. Just to the right of this club house can be found a private pool just for members.
Here is what is happening at Taberna
47 Homes that are currently on the market, priced $199,900 to $759,900
8 Homes are Pending or Under Contract, $238,876 to $393,900
8 Homes Sold since January 1st 2008, priced $280,000 to $475,000